- This event has passed.
Therapeutic Listening Workshop – India
November 22, 2019 - November 24, 2019| Rs.38000
An Introduction & Beyond
Rs. 35000 per registrant for Groups of 5-9 registrants
Rs. 30000 per registrant for Groups of 10+ registrants
Listening is the function of the entire brain and goes well beyond stimulating the auditory system. It is a voluntary act. Active listening is dynamic and continually adapting. Listening requires the desire to communicate and the ability to focus the ear on certain sounds selected for discrimination and interpretation. An individual actively listens and directs attention to sounds in the environment with the whole body.
Through the dedicated work of Sensory Integration by Dr. Jean Ayres and many others, we have learned the way in which we take in, process and adapt to sensations within our internal and external environment and that it has a direct impact on functional skills and occupational performance. Just as the vestibular, somatosensory and visual systems play significant roles in sensory integrative treatment, the auditory system has widespread connections to the brain and entire body. Thus, the use of auditory-based therapy tools may be used to support improved sensory processing and integration—ultimately enhancing function.
This three-day workshop presents an evidence-based protocol, which combines a sound-based intervention with sensory integrative activities to create a comprehensive approach that is effective for diverse populations with sensory challenges. Introductory topics will be discussed, moving to in-depth instruction of Advanced Therapeutic Listening® and the application of the Quickshift™ albums.
Who Should Attend:
Occupational therapists, speech/language pathologists, physical therapists, psychologists, physicians, educators, special educators, physical educators, human services professionals and parents. Graduating students or graduate students of the aforementioned fields are also welcome.
Participants will receive a Certification in Therapeutic Listening (Introductory & Advanced) and Quickshifts.
Sterlings Mac Hotel – Bengaluru
134, HAL Old Airport Road
Kodihalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560017, India
Day 1: Friday, November 22, 2019, 08:30 – 16:30 (IST)
Day 2: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 08:30 – 16:30 (IST)
Day 3: Sunday, November 24, 2019, 08:30 – 16:30 (IST)
Introductory to Intermediate
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Get acquainted with the historical development of Therapeutic Listening techniques.
- Understand the anatomy and neurophysiology of hearing and listening.
- Understand the theoretical reasoning of the development of Therapeutic Listening and assessment strategies.
- Know Listening techniques combined with techniques for posture and breathing as well as the Sensory Diet with emphasis on the importance of the function of music and modulated music.
- Distinguish between the different types of music and electronic alterations.
- Modify listening programs to meet individual client need.
- Learn how to integrate a variety of auditory interventions in existing listening and sensory integration programs.
For additional information, email:
firstname.lastname@example.org [Logan Gurusamy]