- This event has passed.
Exploring Auditory Defensiveness – A Comprehensive Approach to Assessment and Treatment – On-Demand August 10 – August 24
August 10| $195
Curious to learn more about Auditory Defensiveness and potential clinical presentation? Here is a sneak peek for what is to come in the Exploring Auditory Defensiveness course.
On-Demand, Two-Week Recording Access!
In this On-Demand, online course participants will explore the functional implications of auditory defensiveness (and misophonia) and the direct link between the auditory system and primary movement patterns. This course will delve into the orienting-defensive continuum and the physiologic impact of a defensive response on movement patterns, arousal levels, and function. Video case presentation will be used to show practical clinical applications.
Take an additional discount of $15 per participant for groups of 3 or more individuals enrolling simultaneously under the same web-order.
Scroll down to Register
On-Demand: Limited Two-Week Recording Option
Recorded on: Friday, December 11, 2020, 9:00am – 4:15pm CST
Begins Tuesday, August 10, 2021
Closes Tuesday, August 24, 2021
Recording Registration Closes:
Monday, August 9th at 5:00pm CDT
View the Course on Your Own Time! A recording of the course will be available from August 10th to August 24th. Just register below and you’ll have the option to view the course at any time during the recording dates.
Thank you & we look forward to having you with us!
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify at least two different clinical indicators that differentiate classic auditory defensiveness verses auditory defensiveness originating from spatial difficulties.
- Recognize the impact of a defensive response on an individual’s posture, movement, respiration and fixing patterns.
- Select at least three treatment strategies essential to address auditory defensiveness from a whole body perspective.
- Differentiate when it is appropriate to implement each of the three different types of auditory treatment tools depending on client’s clinical picture.
Scroll down to “Tickets” to register
Vital Links is an AOTA approved provider of continuing education. Participants are eligible to receive 6.0 contact hours or 0.6 AOTA CEUs for this course.
AOTA Classification Code: Client Factors, Performance Skills, & Intervention
AOTA Target Audience: Occupational Therapy
AOTA Completion Requirements: Recording Special: View Full Recording, Test
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
See “Recording Details” below for additional information on how to access the recording.
- The email address entered under “Attendee #” during online registration will be the address that receives the instructions email.
- Please check your inbox and junk folder for the following email Subject: “Course Instructions for your Vital Links Online Course, Auditory Defensiveness”
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.
View our Support section for more information. It is each registrant’s responsibility to ensure his/her device is compatible with the noted platform and services.
Contact Us if you have questions regarding compatibility.
Vital Links is not responsible for device compatibility issues, and it is each registrant’s responsibility to ensure his/her device is compatible with the noted platform and services. Any difficulty with compatibility is not grounds for a refund after the live webinar session begins.
Vital Links reserves the right to cancel any course with due cause and refund in full.