Astronaut Training – A Sound Activated Vestibular-Visual Protocol – Live Webinar
February 7, 2021 - February 8, 2021| $400
Without clear information coming from the vestibular system, sights and sounds in the environment do not make sense – they are only isolated pieces of information disconnected from each other and from the meaningful whole. It is integration of sensory information that holds the key for finding meaning in the world. This two-day course will explore the connections of the vestibular-visual-auditory triad and their subsequent impact on function. Additionally, this course will provide participants with a precise template for intervention strategies, including administration of Astronaut Training.
Who Should Attend:
Occupational therapists, speech/language pathologists, physical therapists, educators, human services professionals, and other medical professionals. Graduating students or graduate students of the aforementioned fields are also welcome.
Participants will receive a certification in the Astronaut Training Protocol. This course provides participants with the necessary background information to immediately begin incorporating Astronaut Training into their programs.
Registration includes the handbook, Astronaut Training: A Sound Activated Vestibular-Visual Protocol for Moving, Looking and Listening and its companion CD (S&H fees may apply^).
Take an additional discount of $20 per participant for groups of 3 or more individuals enrolling simultaneously under the same web-order.
Scroll down to Register
Day 1: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 9:00am – 4:35pm Central Daylight Time (CDT)
Day 2: Monday, February 8, 2021, 9:00am – 4:35pm CDT
Check-in begins at 8:30am CDT on day one & day two.
Test begins at approx. 4:05pm CDT on day two.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List the connections between the vestibular, auditory and visual systems.
- Recognize the reciprocal interaction between the Vestibular-Auditory-Visual Triad and the core postural muscles.
- Underline the importance of providing precise input to each of the five vestibular receptors.
- Identify powerful new tools to expand your clinical skills, including specific activities to develop and enhance core function.
- Select when to administer the Astronaut Training: A Sound Activated Vestibular-Visual Protocol safely and effectively.
Scroll down to “Tickets” to register
Vital Links is an AOTA approved provider of continuing education. Participants will receive 12.5 contact hours or 1.25 AOTA CEUs for this course.
AOTA Classification Code: Client Factors, Performance Skills & Intervention
AOTA Target Audience: Occupational Therapy
AOTA Completion Requirements: Full Attendance, Participation & Test
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
Registrants will receive an email within a week of the course containing instructions on how to access the webinar and printable course materials, such as, the PowerPoint handouts.
- The email address entered under “Attendee #” during online registration will be the address that receives the instructions email.
- Please check your inbox and junk folder for the following email Subject: “Course Instructions for your Vital Links Online Course, Astronaut Training”
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.
View our Support section for more information. It is each registrant’s responsibility to ensure his/her device is compatible with the noted platform and services.
Contact Us if you have questions regarding compatibility.
Vital Links is not responsible for device compatibility issues, and it is each registrant’s responsibility to ensure his/her device is compatible with the noted platform and services. Any difficulty with compatibility is not grounds for a refund after the live webinar session begins.
Vital Links reserves the right to cancel any course with due cause and refund in full.
*This is a Live course. Full Attendance during the hours of this webinar is expected.