Exploring Auditory Defensiveness – A Comprehensive Approach to Assessment and Treatment
August 22| $195
Live Webinar with Recording Access!
In this live, online course participants will explore the functional implications of auditory defensiveness (and misophonia) and the direct link between the auditory system and primary movement patterns. This course will delve into the orienting-defensive continuum and the physiologic impact of a defensive response on movement patterns, arousal levels, and function. Video case presentation will be used to show practical clinical applications.
Take an additional discount of $15 per participant for groups of 3 or more individuals enrolling simultaneously under the same web-order.
Scroll down to Register
Online with Recording Option*
Check-in begins at 8:30am CDT
Test begins at approx. 4:00pm CDT
Thursday, August 22, 2019 at 6:30am CDT
Can’t make it on August 22nd? A recording of the course will be available from August 23rd to September 6th. Just register below and you’ll have the option to receive access to both the live course and the recording. If you plan to watch the recording, please let us know at checkout; and you’ll still be eligible to receive CEU’s.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between auditory defensiveness and auditory defensiveness originating from spatial difficulties.
- Identify the impact of a defensive response on an individual’s movement and holding patterns.
- Select three treatment strategies essential to address auditory defensiveness from a whole body perspective.
- Recognize when to precisely implement each of the three different types of auditory treatment tools depending on client’s clinical picture.
Scroll down to “Tickets” to register
Vital Links is an AOTA approved provider of continuing education. Participants are eligible to receive 6.0 contact hours or 0.6 AOTA CEUs for this course.
AOTA Classification Code: Client Factors, Performance Skills, & Intervention
AOTA Target Audience: Occupational Therapy
AOTA Completion Requirements: Live Webinar: Full Attendance, Participation, Test — Recording Special: View Full Recording, Test
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
ASHA: This course is offered for 0.6 ASHA CEUs (Introductory Level & Professional Area)
See “Recording Details” below for information on how to access the recording.
- The email address entered under “Attendee #” during online registration will be the address that receives the instructions email.
- Please check your inbox and junk folder for the following email Subject: “Register on GoToTraining for your Vital Links Online Course, Auditory Defensiveness”
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.
View our Support section for more information. It is each registrant’s responsibility to ensure his/her device is compatible with the noted platform and services.
Contact Us if you have questions regarding compatibility.
Vital Links is not responsible for device compatibility issues, and it is each registrant’s responsibility to ensure his/her device is compatible with the noted platform and services. Any difficulty with compatibility is not grounds for a refund after the live webinar session begins.
Vital Links reserves the right to cancel any course with due cause and refund in full.
*This is a Live course. Full Attendance during the hours of this webinar is recommended; however, for those unable to attend the entire webinar, a recording is available for a brief viewing period after the course concludes.