Therapeutic Listening Practical Applications for Students with Complex Needs
September 20| $195
This is a new course designed for therapists experienced in using Therapeutic Listening® and a variety of its music libraries. At times, therapists can struggle with the practical application of Therapeutic Listening with children with Autism spectrum disorders, severe learning difficulties and/or challenging behaviors due to the range of complexities posed by this complex client group. This course will discuss sensory and regulation differences present in children with ASD and pose a framework for embedding therapy using Therapeutic Listening within a special school environment. We’ll explore ways to train staff; monitor outcomes and understand the differences in using Therapeutic Listening with this client group. This course will also deal with some of the challenges regularly faced by therapists including:
- Assessment where standardized methods are not possible
- Barriers to intervention – hard headphones, managing equipment, length of listening time
- Choosing and using music from all aspects of the Therapeutic Listening libraries
- Using appropriate postural, respiratory and sensory activities to support programs
- Monitoring effectiveness
Evidence-based practice, case studies, videos and recorded discussions with parents, teachers and other therapists will be used to support learning.
Take an additional discount of $15 per participant for groups of 3 or more individuals enrolling simultaneously under the same web-order.
Scroll down to Register
Friday, September 20, 2019, 9:00am – 4:30pm Central Daylight Time
Check-in begins at 8:30am CDT
Test begins at approx. 4:00pm CDT
Introductory – Intermediate
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Coming Soon…
- Please check back shortly…
Scroll down to “Tickets” to register
Vital Links is an AOTA approved provider of continuing education. Participants will receive 6.0 contact hours or 0.6 AOTA CEUs for this course.
AOTA Classification Code: Client Factors, Performance Skills & Intervention
AOTA Target Audience: Occupational Therapy
AOTA Completion Requirements: Live Webinar: Full Attendance, Participation & Test
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- The email address entered under “Attendee #” during online registration will be the address that receives the instructions email.
- Please check your inbox and junk folder for the following email Subject: “Register on GoToTraining for your Vital Links Online Course, Therapeutic Listening Practical Applications for Students with Complex Needs”
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.
View our Support section for more information. It is each registrant’s responsibility to ensure his/her device is compatible with the noted platform and services.
Contact Us if you have questions regarding compatibility.
Vital Links is not responsible for device compatibility issues, and it is each registrant’s responsibility to ensure his/her device is compatible with the noted platform and services. Any difficulty with compatibility is not grounds for a refund after the live webinar session begins.
Vital Links reserves the right to cancel any course with due cause and refund in full.
*This is a Live course. Full Attendance during the hours of this webinar is expected.