- This event has passed.
Therapeutic Listening Practical Applications for Students with Complex Needs
September 20, 2019| $195
Now available as a Recording!
This is a new course designed for therapists who have an understanding of Therapeutic Listening® and a variety of its music libraries. At times, therapists can struggle with the practical application of Therapeutic Listening with children with Autism spectrum disorders, severe learning difficulties and/or challenging behaviors due to the range of complexities posed by this complex client group. This course will discuss sensory and regulation differences present in children with ASD and pose a framework for embedding therapy using Therapeutic Listening within a special school environment. We’ll explore ways to train staff; monitor outcomes and understand the differences in using Therapeutic Listening with this client group. This course will also deal with some of the challenges regularly faced by therapists including:
- Assessment where standardized methods are not possible
- Barriers to intervention – hard headphones, managing equipment, length of listening time
- Choosing and using music from all aspects of the Therapeutic Listening libraries
- Using appropriate postural, respiratory and sensory activities to support programs
- Monitoring effectiveness
Evidence-based practice, case studies, videos and recorded discussions with parents, teachers and other therapists will be used to support learning.
Take an additional discount of $15 per participant for groups of 3 or more individuals enrolling simultaneously under the same web-order.
Scroll down to Register
Friday, September 20, 2019, 9:00am – 4:30pm Central Daylight Time
Check-in begins at 8:30am CDT
Test begins at approx. 4:00pm CDT
Live Webinar Registration Closes:
Friday, September 20th at 6:30am CDT
Recording Registration Closes:
Tuesday, September 24th at 12:00pm CDT
Can’t make it on September 20th? A recording of the course will be available from September 24th to October 8th. Just register below and you’ll have the option to receive access to both the live course and the recording. If you plan to watch the recording, please let us know at checkout; and you’ll still be eligible to receive CEU’s.
Introductory – Intermediate
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify sensory and regulation differences in children with Autism spectrum disorder and how they impact occupational performance.
- Select a variety of tools for monitoring effectiveness of Therapeutic Listening within a school setting.
- Recognize best practices for how to embed treatment programs within a school curriculum.
- List three strategies for working with children who have difficulty wearing headphones.
Scroll down to “Tickets” to register
Vital Links is an AOTA approved provider of continuing education. Participants will receive 6.0 contact hours or 0.6 AOTA CEUs for this course.
AOTA Classification Code: Client Factors, Performance Skills & Intervention
AOTA Target Audience: Occupational Therapy
AOTA Completion Requirements: Live Webinar: Full Attendance, Participation, Test — Recording Special: View Full Recording, Test
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- The email address entered under “Attendee #” during online registration will be the address that receives the instructions email.
- Please check your inbox and junk folder for the following email Subject: “Register on GoToTraining for your Vital Links Online Course, Therapeutic Listening Practical Applications for Students with Complex Needs”
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.
View our Support section for more information. It is each registrant’s responsibility to ensure his/her device is compatible with the noted platform and services.
Contact Us if you have questions regarding compatibility.
Vital Links is not responsible for device compatibility issues, and it is each registrant’s responsibility to ensure his/her device is compatible with the noted platform and services. Any difficulty with compatibility is not grounds for a refund after the live webinar session begins.
Vital Links reserves the right to cancel any course with due cause and refund in full.
*This is a Live course. Full Attendance during the hours of this webinar is recommended; however, for those unable to attend the entire webinar, a recording is available for a brief viewing period after the course concludes. See “Recording Details” button above.