- This event has passed.
Learning to be Powerfully You – Live Webinar
January 23 - January 24| $195
Learning to be Powerfully You:
Empowering self regulation through a lens of compassion and connection
Powerfully You teaches self regulation through a lens of non-judgement and compassion with an emphasis on the value of individual differences and connection.
Self-regulation is defined as the ability to adapt our neurological arousal, emotional state, attention, and behavior to meet their own needs and the demands of the situation. It is widely regarded as an underlying skill critical to behavioral self-management, emotional control, and social learning.
You are your best tool for helping your clients to be self regulated. Children internalize the regulation provided to them through co-regulation, in the context of a connected relationship. The information taught in this 8 hour class will expand your toolbox of regulation strategies to use with your clients, as well as give you information and tools to expand your own resilience and capacity for self regulation.
Powerfully You teaches concepts of:
- mindful awareness
- awareness of body sensations
- self assessment of body activation and emotional activation
- tools to shift body activation and sensations
- tools to shift emotions
- skills for tracking and changing habits
- practices to cultivate self compassion
- cognitively based inquiry techniques
Interested in learning more about the Powerfully You curriculum and how it relates to self-regulation? Click here to watch a Clinical Conversation between Sheila M. Frick, Amy Lewis, and Heather Spann discussing self-regulation and Powerfully You. To obtain additional information regarding the Powerfully You curriculum, please visit www.powerfullyyou.org
Access to Course Curriculum:
Following the Provider training, you also have the option to access the curriculum via subscription. The curriculum lessons are available via multimedia presentations that have both audio and visuals to assist the therapist in delivering the information. This format allows the therapist to be fully present and interact with an individual client, small group, or whole class. The Powerfully You curriculum is housed online and a subscription is available for $59/yr to therapists who have completed the provider training.
All Providers, regardless of subscription, are invited to join the private PY Provider Facebook group for ongoing discussion and support.
Who Should Attend:
Health Professionals, Therapists, Counselors
Take an additional discount of $15 per participant for groups of 3 or more individuals enrolling simultaneously under the same web-order.
Scroll down to Register
Day 1: Sunday, January 23, 2021, 9:00am – 1:30pm Central Standard Time (CST)
Day 2: Monday, January 24, 2021, 9:00am – 2:00pm CST
Check-in begins at 8:30am CST on day one & day two.
Test begins at approx. 1:30pm CST on day two.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss theoretical frameworks of Powerfully You, and explain the evidence informed concepts taught in the curriculum.
- Relate the use of Occupational Therapy’s knowledge and expertise in utilization in class wide or community-based models of intervention and in Social Emotional Learning.
- Implement the Powerfully You curriculum with fidelity in classroom or clinical settings.
- Create goals that address the student or client’s growth in self-regulation and occupational performance.
Scroll down to “Tickets” to register
Vital Links is an AOTA approved provider of continuing education. Participants will receive 8.0 contact hours or 0.8 AOTA CEUs for this course.
AOTA Classification Code: Occupational Therapy Service Delivery, Intervention, Outcomes
AOTA Target Audience: Occupational Therapy
AOTA Completion Requirements: Full Attendance, Participation & Test
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA or indicate AOTA approval of a certification or other professional recognition.
- The email address entered under “Attendee #” during online registration will be the address that receives the instructions email.
- Please check your inbox and junk folder for the following email Subject: “Course Instructions for your Vital Links Online Course, Powerfully You”
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.
View our Support section for more information. It is each registrant’s responsibility to ensure his/her device is compatible with the noted platform and services.
Contact Us if you have questions regarding compatibility.
Vital Links is not responsible for device compatibility issues, and it is each registrant’s responsibility to ensure his/her device is compatible with the noted platform and services. Any difficulty with compatibility is not grounds for a refund after the live webinar session begins.
Vital Links reserves the right to cancel any course with due cause and refund in full.
*This is a Live course. Full Attendance during the hours of this webinar is expected.