- This event has passed.
Power and Precision with Comprehensive Vestibular and Proprioceptive Activation
September 17, 2016 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm CDT| $205
This course offers you the opportunity to enhance your understanding of the vestibular-proprioceptive systems and gain a fresh perspective on treatment activities for your clinical practice. Join Mary Kawar and Sheila Frick as they provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the role of the vestibular and proprioceptive systems in everyday life, and how participation is ultimately impacted when the functioning of these systems is compromised. Furthermore, participants will examine the relationship of the vestibular system, via links to the autonomic nervous system, to sensory modulation and emotional regulation. In the context of clinical case examples, participants will gain an understanding of how to precisely analyze, adapt and apply powerful treatment activities proven to optimize therapeutic objectives and outcomes for clients with diverse functional limitations in a variety of treatment settings (clinic, school, and home). Innovative video examples will demonstrate new ways of treating and progressing treatment activities for your clients. This course is open to all therapists interested in augmenting and expanding their understanding of the vestibular-proprioceptive systems.
**Note: if enrolling after 5:00pm CDT on 9/16/16, webinar access information
will be provided after 8:00am CDT on 9/17/16. Thank you.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the functional significance of activating each of the five vestibular receptors.
- Differentiate between the type of proprioceptive input and the accompanying receptors as it relates to development of body scheme, modulating hyper-aroused state, and in preparation for more precise controlled movement.
- Describe the vestibular-proprioceptive foundation for core activation and arousal regulation.
- Identify three clinical observations that provide insight into a client’s arousal regulation and signal if the client has tapped into the social engagement circuitry.
- Discuss five treatment activities utilizing both portable and suspension equipment that activate the vestibular and proprioceptive systems to prep for functional performance.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to Register.
Vital Links is an AOTA approved provider of continuing education. Participants will receive 6.00 contact hours or 0.6 AOTA CEUs for this course.
AOTA Classification Code: Evaluation, Intervention, Outcomes
AOTA Target Audience: Occupational Therapy
AOTA Completion Requirements: Full Attendance, Quiz
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
Vital Links reserves the right to cancel any course with due cause and refund in full. Participants purchasing non-refund-able airfare tickets are encouraged to inquire as to course availability before final purchase. Registrant bears sole responsibility for transportation to course. Weather or transportation difficulties are not the responsibility of Vital Links, and failure of a chosen means of transportation is not grounds for registration fee refund when course is held.
Need to contact us by phone? call: 608-270-5424
37 people are attending Power and Precision with Comprehensive Vestibular and Proprioceptive Activation