Core Connections – Exploring the Core’s Developmental Roots
May 3| usd $225
This live, online course will provide therapists with a clear description of musculoskeletal make-up of the “core” and will cover the research-based neurophysiological rationale for evaluating core development and function in individuals with sensory processing difficulties. Core function will be explored from its developmental roots in the unfolding of the primary movement patterns (innate reflex development). Two key patterns (Moro and Tonic Labyrinthine) and their connections to core development and self-regulation will be discussed. A specific play-based observation tool that identifies core movement challenges and assists in prioritizing treatment strategies will be presented and explored through movement labs. Along with assessment, a variety of hands-on treatment strategies will be demonstrated through interactive, online labs. Video case presentation will be used to show practical clinical applications.
Receive the Gertie Ball and Power Up Ball for the special rate of $25 when you add the Therapy Ball Bundle to your course registration (S&H fees may apply^).
Take an additional discount of $15 per participant for groups of 3 or more individuals enrolling simultaneously under the same web-order.
Scroll down to Register
Check-in begins at 8:00am CDT
Test begins at approx. 4:30pm CDT
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List the anatomical components of the inner and outer core.
- Identify the significance of vestibular visual and auditory input for core development.
- Select three strategies that activate inner core for the purpose of stability and self-regulation.
- Underline the importance of complete expression and integration of the Moro and Tonic Labyrinthine reflex for core development and self-regulation.
- Recognize the importance of respiratory patterns and their relationship to core activation.
Scroll down to “Tickets” to register
Vital Links is an AOTA approved provider of continuing education. Participants are eligible to receive 7.0 contact hours or 0.7 AOTA CEUs for this course.
AOTA Classification Code: Client Factors, Performance Skills, & Intervention
AOTA Target Audience: Occupational Therapy
AOTA Completion Requirements: Full Attendance, Participation, Test
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
ASHA: This course will be submitted to ASHA for consideration of 0.7 ASHA CEUs (Introductory Level & Professional Area)
Registrants will receive an email within a week of the course containing instructions on how to access the webinar and printable course materials, such as, the PowerPoint handouts.
- The email address entered under “Attendee #” during online registration will be the address that receives the instructions email.
- Please check your inbox and junk folder for the following email Subject: “Register on GoToTraining for your Vital Links Online Course, Core Connections.”
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.
View our Support section for more information. It is each registrant’s responsibility to ensure his/her device is compatible with the noted platform and services.
Contact Us if you have questions regarding compatibility.
Vital Links is not responsible for device compatibility issues, and it is each registrant’s responsibility to ensure his/her device is compatible with the noted platform and services. Any difficulty with compatibility is not grounds for a refund after the live webinar session begins.
Vital Links reserves the right to cancel any course with due cause and refund in full.
*This is a Live course. Full Attendance during the hours of this webinar is expected.